Channel lettering signage is an excellent way of advertising or promoting your business by having an attractive, stylish sign for passers-by to notice. Channel letters are custom-made 3D signs or letters formed using plastic, metal, acrylic; they use LED or neon lighting, and are most commonly used as signs on buildings. s called dimensional letters. A channel letter is any number, message, or character used.
Channel letters consist of a face, return, back, and lighting elements with the returns or letter signs made from aluminum sheeting. The face and back are usually composed of aluminum or acrylic material. Channel letters are available in many fonts, shapes, sizes, and colors.
Benefits of Channel Letters
Choosing the right signage makes your business easier to locate, or to promote it. Choosing the right style is key; if you prefer bold and bright images, try channel letter signs. This type of signage is customizable; other benefits include:
- Channel letter signage can become anything the user wants it to be. Any type of shape, size, and font can be chosen, but they must comply with local and federal laws and regulations.
- Channel letter signage can be illuminated in a number of ways. While some may choose to have it lit at specific times, others might go for 24-hour illumination. There are front-lit, back-lit, or open-face illumination options for channel letters. There are also specialty options available that can combine these three types of signage to create a unique signage with adequate illumination.
- Due to different font and sizes, channel letters can be used for both your indoor and outdoor business needs. Channel letters can create an eye-catching directional sign that allows for consistent image transition to brand identity.
- Channel letter signage is an excellent way of communicating brand image and name. The wide range of options make for amazing font and logo pairing giving the brand much-needed attention from passing the crowds. Channel letters, coupled with digital and other means of marketing, make for a highly effective brand promotion.
- Channel lettering is made from metal or hard plastic and are very durable. This saves you money in the long term.
- Channel letter signs use LED or neon lights for illumination that can last for some time without affecting performance. This cost-effective and eco-friendly option allows you to make a bold statement for your brand. They provide excellent visibility both day and night, and serve as a clear reminder to the public that your business exists and is available to serve them.
There are several mounting options for channel letters. Here we list them for you:
Raceway Mount: Most clients require channel letter signage installed on raceways; the signage consists of a metal box, with illuminating circuits for each letter. The main benefit of this option is that it reduces the number of penetrations needed for mounting the sign.
Direct Mount: Direct mounting is available for clients that prefer the appearance. Direct mounting means each letter is attached directly to the wall using non-corrosive fasteners. The wiring at the back of the building façade powers the letters’ lighting.
Backer Mount: Similar to a raceway mount this is without a metal box. Instead, the letters are attached to a metal cabinet that is much bigger than the channel letter sign itself. The wiring can be housed either inside the cabinet or at the back of the building façade.